Wednesday, March 22, 2006
I haven’t tackled many social problems lately. I have been really depressed lately about what I see my beloved America becoming. You may not agree with me on this, but this has been on my mind for sometime now, I keep putting off writing about it, but, well here goes.


ORLANDO, Fla. 03.21.06, State prosecutors are dropping the charges against former Tampa teacher Debra Lafave, who was accused of having sex with a 14-year-old middle school student.

Here are a few opinions of mine, they are opinions arrived at by reading, studying and researching.

1. The teachers union NEA has a larger percentage of pedophiles in their ranks than the Catholic Church Hierarchy has ever had.
2. The great experiment in Democracy called America, has become the great experiment in debauchery.
3. America will never win the war on terror.

TO CONTINUE READING

3 comments:

Blogger Gunny John said...

Allow me to play devil's advocate:

Your very reasons for citing a lack of Godliness, point as well toward a simple lack of common sense. As we, as a society, turn away from common decency, we alienate those who have not. Granted, Muslims are not decent people. However, the traditional morals that we used to embrace are what they hide behind. It could very well be laziness that has enabled our society to drift ever further from our moral base.

Blogger web_loafer said...

A good percentage of people just aren't happy with themselves today. Rudeness and even cruelity are prevelant. When teens are beating homeless men to death, and young men are setting fire to churches, something is terribly wrong. I do agree with you that a lot of todays problems stem from laziness.

Parents too lazy to teach their children.
Educators too lazy to educate. It is easier to talk about sex or belittle your president than teach children calculus.

I am doing a lot of research on this matter.

Part of the study will be to show Islam's hypocracy in all these moral issues. They really have no corner on decency. In fact it is a classic case of the pot calling the kettle black. But I want to believe that if we were better examples perhaps both societies would benifit. And if we in fact were a moral nation, they would have to use some other excuse to promote violence.
Now I am off of the subject, but I think illegal immigration is out of hand because of our laziness.
Since the beginning of time, people have crossed borders in search of a better life. We are still a compassionate nation when it comes to helping others. But it is crazy to leave your borders unprotected.
There would be no need for the 12,000.000 felons that now live amongst us, if more of the baby boomers had worked hard and taught their children to work hard.
It would be nice to have people lining up at places like Ellis Island again, documenting themselves, having basic health exams and proving that they would not be a burden to society, and having a sponser, before they were given citizenship.

It is a complicated issue, so our lazy politicians won't tackle it.
Oh my I'm rambling...have to get ready to drive my 400 miles.

Blogger Phred said...

John, Loafer, I totally agree with your comments.
If you haven`t already, plese read my post , '' The Bill of Non-Rights''.
20-30 years ago who would have thought apathy would turn out to be such a terrible force in our country ???

Post a Comment

<< home

Find sex offenders near YOU



Advanced Meta Tag Generator