Thursday, August 04, 2005
You won't like this post
You won’t like this blog post, I don’t like writing it. But I must be honest.

There is no way we can win the war on terror. So, get out the white flags ladies and gentlemen.

Our politicians have made it impossible for our soldiers to win in Iraq or any other place they fight terrorism.
It isn’t one persons fault, no one president is to blame, no one general is to blame, no one Senator is to blame. Let me tell you who is to blame.

We are to blame, and we will pay a heavy price for being so incompetent in the most important thing a civilian must do. As civilians we need to send people to Washington D.C. that care about us, and our safety.
The ones we have sent to Washington, (R’s & D’s both) are not up to the task of protecting us, they are there to line their own pockets, and to be seen.
They only care about themselves, and their image on TV.
The current crop of Senators, Representatives, the judges they choose, and almost all civil servants that have unionized public service jobs, all of these people are incompetent, and dangerous to our health.
Yes I include the President and Vice President.

America is devoid of leaders in leadership roles.

We have brave young people ready to fight the enemy, but they are being used incorrectly, and the cost is high in blood.

This is a sad time, never in our past would the murder of 20 United States Marines be tolerated, and you know that. We should have flattened 20 square miles around where these Marines were murdered within minutes. These brave Marines did not fall on the battlefield, they were set up and murdered. Not one sniper, but 4 or 5 of our trained snipers have been killed. I have no proof of what I now say, this is only a possibility.The killing of these Marines was a double cross, there is no other way in my opinion this could have happened without prior information available to our enemies. Their position was given to the enemy by someone. The taxpayers have paid for the best weapons in the world, but the military is hamstrung, or the leadership is incompetent. Here it is several days later and we look like wimps. Sorry if the truth hurts, but I am right.

I want you to know that the terrorists are high fiving and jiving today. If I was president, I would have Al Jezeera’s buildings, transmitters, and reporters flattened right now, and then go about winning the war.

I could smell this defeat coming a long time ago. Long ago when a destroyer of the United States Navy was attacked and nothing was done in retaliation. Or when our airmen were killed and their bodies drug behind vehicles in broad daylight through the streets of Mogadishu sp mine, while people cheered. People that were being kept alive by food sent to them, from the farmers and taxpayers of America.

I am too sick to go on thinking about the future. There isn’t one for me and you unless our leaders get the courage to fight our enemies. And not only soon, but yesterday.

At our nations borders we have enemies walking and even driving across with their weapons and money, to set up fifth columns, and we can’t seem to stop it. When concerned civilians try to help out the President calls them vigilantes.

The best soldiers in the world cannot seal off the Iraq/Syria border, the Iraq/Iran border, the Iraq/Turkey Border or the Iraq/Saudia Arabia border. All of those borders combined are about the total miles of the Texas/Mexico border.

We cannot seem to find one sick, feeble terrorist, Bin Laden, or do we even want to find him? One person is making our life’s miserable, and our government and military cannot find and kill that person. What makes you think these same incompetent people could find an atomic bomb being smuggled into our nation in broad daylight?

Our enemy is shrewd, and is using our weakness to kill us. We are too weak to battle this enemy, it is an enemy that believes we should die, and they will die to see us die.
What do we have to combat these killers for Islam?
Political Correctness, Dinosaurs (Kennedy, Pelosi, Byrd, etc.) in the nations highest offices, A president who won’t turn the armed forces loose to fight, and a game playing, pleasure driven population that can’t even see the enemy, and a media that loves our enemies more than those fighting them.

Now after all of this negative talk, I must point out that throughout the short (YES SHORT) history of the United States of America, in the darkest hours for this nation, real men have stepped up to protect this union. There may be a Lincoln somewhere who will step up to the task, or there may not be one.

7 comments:

It seems to me that you've set yourself up in a no lose situation. You can decry what's happening, but absolve yourself.

I think you can do better than that, John

Blogger web_loafer said...

But Phil, I didn't absolve myself. I included myself when I said
"We are to blame, and we will pay a heavy price for being so incompetent in the most important thing a civilian must do."
This article was written in a style unique to me, but I think many people are thinking along the same lines today. I hear people wondering out loud about our way of fighting this war.
Being worried about civilian casulaties is a noble way to lose a war. What about our citizens, when will Washington start worrying about American citizens? There will be more horrific 9/11 type strikes in the future, so why play cat and mouse? Sure I am happy none have occurred, but do you think for one minute that the enemy has stopped planning to murder American's in America? How many years was 9/11 in the planning stages?
Over ten years I've been told.

Phil I took the blinders off a long time ago. I do not look at this war from a republican viewpoint. I look at all that is going on and I cannot but wonder.
Who is in control in America?
I know who holds the entire future in His hands, but that doesn't stop me from wanting someone to really and truely fight terrorism. If we won't fight in Iraq, bring all our men and women home. Stop with the handing out candy to children stuff, get to the task, finding and killing these dogs.
Tell me we are winning and I'll laugh, not with what I've seen lately.

Blogger AubreyJ......... said...

What you have seen lately is not the making of the past or the future. Just a day in a week. Just one heck of a bad week out of so many in this war on terror. The terrorists are trying to get us to think just the way you stated in this post... And from what I have read of your work in the past, this just doesn't come across to me as your normal line of thinking. Don't throw in the hat on this Administration yet my friend...
WL- it's time to Light The Fires....
AubreyJ...........

Blogger web_loafer said...

Hi Booklover9191,

Do better?

Why yes I could. I could live in a land (country) that was at peace with itself, and the world.

America is at war with itself. Too bad!

We could all have done great things, but politics got in the way. If you think for one second that we can win a war while we are fighting each other, you are wrong, dead wrong. DEAD WRONG
Someone, Somewhere, Somehow, can figure all of this out.

I CAN'T.................I am just a stupid truck driver.

This war (against terror) will be won someday, but I won't be breathing then.

My words will be forgotten, my energy gone. Good luck world.

Blogger web_loafer said...

Well booklover, not exactly the song I needed to help get the jaw set, clinch the fists, and move on.
But I appreciate the kind thoughts, and I like Steely Dan too.
I have been listening to a lot of Darryl Worley lately. You know!

Have you forgotten?
how you felt that day
to see your homeland under fire
and it's people blown away?

I for one, will never forget.
Burnt into my mind is a picture of a jet liner filled with living breathing people being flown into a building where people from all over the world were going about the business of business.

World Trade.....didn't stop did it?

I also have the image of human beings, someones father, someones mother, someones son or daughter jumping out of the windows of the burning inferno that day. Or what about the panic we saw when the buildings came down?

It has been almost 4 years since any TV network has shown any pictures or videos about that day. It is about that day, not Abu Graib (spelling is mine), not about Guantonamo. It is about the World Trade Center and the weapon of mass destruction used against America, and the civilized world.

Blogger web_loafer said...

Thanks for trying to cheer me up, I've been in a deep funk lately. Work goes on, life goes on. I think I have become a robot, unwittingly turning my passions to the mundane, my screams to the deaf, my art to the blind, and my love to the haters. But I have a new pickup truck, I should not be bothered about such a nuisance as survival. Get in my truck and turn the stereo up, and drive around but not too far,(since gasoline is so expensive) and learn a lot.....

Blogger Kui Tang said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

<< home

Find sex offenders near YOU



Advanced Meta Tag Generator