Thursday, July 28, 2005
CLASS REUNION
I will be traveling to Tahlequah, Oklahoma for a Class Reunion, and the internet service there is spotty, so I may not be able to connect for a few days. Tahlequah is where I graduated from H.S. and attended some college. It is the Cherokee Indian Capitol, and I have many fond memories of Tahlequah. It is a dirt poor area, literally, hardly any soil, just rocks and dust.
Yes, our country has many shameful chapters in it's past........but it is past.
I used to suffer over the past, until I started reading history. I found that there is no country on the face of the earth that doesn't have some skeletons in the closet so to speak.
It should not keep us from trying to do better though.
Thanks to each and everyone who contributes to Sanity's Bluff by commenting.
I try to visit each and every persons blog that leaves a comment here: and some of your blogs have become part of my routine wanderings on the information highway. Yes I know the term information highway is passe, but I still like to use that term. All I can say is "What a wonderful mix of people and ideas. Please come back next week, I will have lots to say."
John

2 comments:

Blogger Jay said...

I agree with you. Our country has lots of skeletons from the past and plenty of things that need work on now....but we have something no other country has ever had; a desire to improve and the means to evolve into a higher form of civilization. We fix our mistakes where other countries merely hide theirs.

Blogger web_loafer said...

AMEN

Which is not a
harmful word,
it simply means
So Be It.

Post a Comment

<< home

Find sex offenders near YOU



Advanced Meta Tag Generator