Tuesday, July 05, 2005
'Burbs, Blogs & Babies
I have noticed a trend lately at the Blog Explosion's Battle of the Blogs. It is disturbing. It seems like the esoterically presented political blogs never win battles. The blogs that win on a consistent basis are the blogs with pictures of dogs, cats and babies. Having noticed this trend, and not having a lick of scruples in this matter, I now splash my babies and animals all over the front page of my blog.

It will take an act of Congress for me to continue in the old style of webloafer blogs, you know the political blogs. Oh I'll still have some political areas, but let’s be real here, not too many people are interested in politics. So with all this said here we go. First let’s talk about the cute babies. I don't have any small babies around the house now, so I had to cheat and use pictures of my niece. Yes my niece is a Yorkshire Terrier. Cute isn't she. She is the only child in the house of brother/sister in-law, so we call the dog a niece. Actually one of the pictures has a little of my daughter holding my niece.....her cousin. The other pictures are some I threw in of a little of the smoke making material we had for the fourth of July Smoke Out. The haze of smoke at 11:00 pm last night in Basehor, Kansas was unreal. You have read about it in poems...the drifting haze...I picture in my mind a Civil War Battlefield with the smoke of gunpowder drifting across the scene of carnage.

You can see the nervousness on the face of my niece. It had been a rough weekend. A lot of the good citizens of Basehor, Kansas had started practicing for the big smoke out early. Getting in shape for the real contest. My little niece was a nervous wreck even before the main event. Knowing how frightened animals get at the "my bombs louder than your bomb attitude of the 'burbs, my niece was put in lockup in a room with good soundproofing, and made it out without having a complete nervous breakdown. Just thought you'd like to know. And I can't wait to get this on my blog and enter it in the Battle of the Blogs. Yes I will do anything for a moment of victory at the Battle of Blogs. You might help me out and vote for my blog there. No I don't have any shame.

12 comments:

Blogger carrie said...

aw

Blogger Chandira said...

Yeah, I notice my rating shoot up when I post cute cat pics, they get a ton of comments, and the more 'serious' posts get ignored.. Such is life.

Blogger Krissy said...

Haha! That's funny. I think you're right.

Somebody should set up a blog JUST to discuss battle of the blogs.

I don't vote for the babies, puppies or kittens but I do sometimes vote for better designs, assuming that i think the content's otherwise about equal. I frequently vote for newbies (where I see them, sometimes I don't notice) and underdogs, though sometimes, when I'm desperate for credits, just whoever I think will win. Good luck!

Just to let you know, turtles are not winners either. Sigh. In fact, since the redesign of the BoB, I can't win no matter what I do.

Blogger web_loafer said...

LadyPenny, The way the BOB is growing that is not a bad idea. I find myself rooting for certain blogs to improve, they are so close to being interesting at first glance. And that's what it takes. First glance will make or break a blog. My brother-in-law must have the worst record at BOB, but his blog is an excellant one for content. If no one stays past the normal time for a battle, it doesn't matter what kind of content you have. And let's face it all of us want more readers. I'll give this more thought. It's been some time since I traveled to NYC. Is Rapaports still in the near East Village? I would die for some cheese cake like they use to make. No one back here can make good cheesecake.

Blogger web_loafer said...

soh, I had a picture of a turtle on one blog post, and it got little response or comments. I am beginning to think people discriminate against turtles. I will be contacting PETA, The ACLU and my Senators. This makes my blood boil....
Poor turtles.

Blogger Helen said...

Timing is everything. If you battle around Mommy time with no Mommy blog, you're a dead man.
Peace.............

Blogger TV said...

yep, I think that the dog picture should be worth a good ten to fifteen extra wins for you. Tomorrow, post a cute picture of a cat and dog sleeping next to each other with a cute kid in the background, and your win total will probably shoot up to around 415 or so.

Blogger web_loafer said...

PureMood, I was admiring your updated "whoda thunk it?" earlier, and voted for it in a battle. Been putting a little work into your blog, haven't you. And it shows. Now go out there and do battle. I am shameless using cute dogs and girls to win votes.

Blogger Cam said...

i don't believe that just because you put up cute kitty, puppy, or baby pics you get votes on botb.

my entire blog is dedicated to my cat wampi who was thrown off a roof in early june. it's all about his recovery and my fund-raising efforts. if that's not a tear-jerker ... i don't know what is.

i get tons of emails, donations, links but not too many votes (lost all 3 battles). personally, i think most people vote on design first and then interesting content (in the current post).

hope you kick butt in botb's next time! good luck. =^..^=

Blogger Mike Hitchen said...

LOL. I do so agree with your theory! I think I can speak with a certain amount of authority as I must have a fairly rare record of 2 wins and 51 losses!

I find consolation by telling myself, "Mike old son, it is not quantity of votes that count - it's the quality":)

Best wishes
Mike

Blogger web_loafer said...

Hmmmm now I am confused. Camille you say my theory is invalid, and Mike says he knows I'm right but he is too much of a gentleman to try the sleezy things I would do just for a few wins.
Well I'll just continue on my path to a .500% W/L record. It will be a long hard battle, but worth all the sacrifices I must make to my integrity
Cam, your cat wampi has the neatest green glowing eyes. But of course wampi is much to serious looking in the pictures. And for that matter if I had been thrown off of the roof in an attempt to kill me, and I survived, I wouldn’t be smiling for awhile. And Mike, keep on looking for those global trends, but a trend of more wins is not on the horizion unless you stoop to new lows. Just having fun. Keep on blogging. .

Post a Comment

<< home

Find sex offenders near YOU



Advanced Meta Tag Generator