Sunday, July 03, 2005
Been to a wild party lately?
Hey Africa, they had a party for you, too bad you weren’t invited…….
A few days after posting this I ran across an excellant blog about this same subject)

http://ho-hocognitiveprocess.blogspot.com/2005/07/live-8.html

Here is my orginal blog.............

The Live8 hoopla and celebrity circus has come and gone.

''It was 20 years ago today," doubled as a reference to 1985's Live Aid concerts, also organized by Live 8 mastermind Bob Geldof.

20 years ago LiveAid promised Africa that “help was coming,” Africa is no better off today. But: Bob Geldof, and his ilk are. They are much richer today than they were 20 years ago.

If only you would have asked me Africa; I would have been happy to explain to you, that you shouldn't expect the help you need from the liberals of the world. In fact, I think I will take the time now to address this problem of perception. The liberals of the world are perceived to be helpful, because they say they care. Caring isn't enough, I'll cite an example. Take for instance the fate of the poor here in America. The liberals have been promising to do something for the poor for about 60 years now, and the poor just keep getting poorer........you know the rest. I know they care, it doesn't take much effort to care, or to tell everyone you feel their pain.

Back to my music review. All around the globe huge crowds gathered to listen to aging rock stars, hungry for one more spotlight, and an assortment of dogooders. Most of them waddled, or staggered out of their limousines, mounted the stage, and told the world how they are going to help Africa.

But Africa, you weren’t invited backstage, let alone onstage.

The liberal millionaires went to sleep this morning, wined and dined, praised and worshipped, but all they could give to you Africa, were a few drunken, slurred words of promise, and the age old "I feel your pain". I shouldn't forget to mention that they sang a few songs too, but the applause was not for you Africa, it was for the ones who have big plans for Africa. Planning and results are not the same.

More money was spend pampering the millionaire musicians and their friends, than the total given by the 160 'artists’ participating in the L8 concerts, but they demanded charity from everyone else. The long faces and concern in their eyes were as phoney as the rhinestones on Dolly Parton's jacket

How do I know?

I know liberals

They are liberal only with other people’s money. They hang on to their money tighter than an abalone to the ocean rock.

One of the biggest problems I have with liberals in America and around the world, is this: Yes they have the same dreams many people do of a better world, and are not shy about telling the world how much they care, but in most cases they are far too lazy to help bring them about. I get sick of my stomach thinking about millions of people rocking out to help Africa. How does a display of mob decadence help the hungry?

The best help Africa could get from you and I would be for us to quit buying the records and movies these drugged up musicians and buffoons put out, and give that money to a decent Faith Based Charity.

Want to find true compassion…..for Africa…..??? Don’t look towards Hollywood, Madison Avenue or Beverly Hills. Look toward the many churches lining the streets and boulevards of America.

I worship every Lord’s Day, at a small church in Kansas. There are no millionaires attending services at our church. No rock stars, movie stars or politicians. The building we worship in is spartan in every way imaginable. But the average Joe’s and Jane’s at this small congregation give liberally to help the African people, very liberally.

So who would you like to have helping you Africa?

My suggestion? Talk with the people the liberals hate the most, the conservatives. Yes, conservatives, the neocons, the racist's, the homophobic bunch, the hicks and simpletons. Most of them are active in the Republican party, but there are many conservative Democrats.

In the next few days, Geldof and his cohorts will have sobered up enough from their ego orgy, to demand of President Bush and other world leaders that they do something for Africa.

They will paint President Bush as the villain because he won’t hand over Billions and billions of dollars to you immediately, without accountablity. And they want all 8 nations to forgive all of the debt you owe to the people who tried to help you. That would leave taxpayers with another bill to pay. They might agree to in some cases, but a blanket write off of debt is not what is needed. Yes George W. Bush will be the stingy, mean villian in the liberals mantra.

Wait a New York Minute

George W. Bush is president, not owner of America. If you call George Bush names for not giving in to all the demands made by the elite songboys and girls, you are in reality calling me those names. President Bush can only give the taxpayers money away. He can’t print up a bunch of dollars and give them to you. And any debt relief is at the expense of the taxpayers also.

So who can help you Africa? My suggestion? Talk with the people the liberals hate the most, the conservatives. Yes, the conservatives, the neocons, the racist's, the homophobic bunch, the hicks and simpletons. Most of them are active in the Republican party, but there are many conservative Democrats.

I have one more question to ask of you Africa?

Do you care where the help comes from?
Yes I thought that would be your answer.
A lot of people want to help.

Back to the music review.
Have you ever heard the Darryl Worley song ‘Those less fortunate than I’? Very few liberals have, or would even want to listen to the song. After all; Darryl Worley wrote and sang a song about 09/11/2001. You may have heard the song…..”Have You Forgotten?”

When the accolades are given for all the compassion shown on July 2, 2005, the TV and Radio, newspapers and magazines will tell us that Live8 was a huge success, and a giant step toward solving your problems Africa. Yes, now the liberals can put this issue back in the closet for 20 years. They feel they have helped you by telling you they care and that it is the evil rich countries that are your problem. But we know that they won’t put forth much effort towards the problems you have Africa, they give lip service, and little more.

What eases the pains in the stomach of a hungry child? Words or Deeds?
I know who is doing the deeds that the showboys and girls won't stoop to doing.
Lets be honest here and Give Credit Where Credit Is Due.
Hey, that’s OK, we don’t do it for credit,
We do it because we care.

I am going to trouble you with the lyrics of the song.
Those less fortunate than I

Those Less Fortunate Than I
Lyrics © Darryl Worley

I don't have a lot, but I'm proud of what I've got
I can't complain
'Cause I see people hangin' round, on the city streets downtown
Living on pocket change
There're times I've been confused, felt that I was born to lose
Oh but I survived
Unlike the one's who pray and feel more than blessed each day
To just be still alive

Is there something we can do
Seems the odds against survival are a million to one
The only hope they have will die
In the hearts of you and I if nothing's ever done
I can't save them by myself
Oh but God forbid that I just turn my head
And walk on by
Don't let me be a stranger to those less fortunate than I

Seems that old golden rule, that I learned back in school
Has lost its shine
It's a crying shame, and I wonder could the blame
Be yours and mine
Discipline was tough, and that old principal was rough
But the times were good
'Cause no one ever found one single child shot down
In the neighborhood

Is there something we can do
Seems the odds against survival are a million to one
'Cause every day that passes by
Another street gang victim dies
And still there's nothing done
I can't save them by myself
Oh but God forbid that I just run away somewhere and hide
From the fear and the danger of those less fortunate than I
Lord don't let me be a stranger to those less fortunate than I

9 comments:

Blogger David Schantz said...

An old friend always said, If you were 20 feet out in the ocean and being pulled out by the tide a conservative would throw you 15 feet of rope and expect you to swim 5 feet. A liberal throws you 25 feet of rope and drops their end.

I have posted my Question Of The Week, I hope you will stop by to answer it.

God Bless America, God Save The Republic

Blogger loboinok said...

Great site, great post. would you be interested in exchanging links?

Blogger Unknown said...

Great blog! I would be honered to exchange links if you are interested. Check out my page and let me know.

Blogger Scooter McGavin said...

There are a lot of holes in that post. First off, Africa was invited to the party as there was a concert held in Johannesburg. The face of Africa, Nelson Mandela was there. Also Bob Geldolf brought a woman to the stage that was given 10 minutes to live 20 years ago and thanks to money raised by Live Aid, the young woman is now in college in Ethiopia. I dare you to watch this moment and not cry like a little girl. But apparently help did get to Africa.

Secondly, yes Africa is worse off then they were 20 years ago, but this due to years of civil war that make it hard to import humanitarian aid. Read Black Hawk Down to see exactly how hard this can be. Also high tariffs hurt the local economy on the continent.

And how exactly do you know that Bob Geldolf is “much richer” now than he was twenty years? Geldolf runs a non-profit organization and I can’t imagine that the residuals from his Boomtown Rats days to really bring in too much money these days. As for the other artist, I haven’t even heard from must of them since Live Aid except for episodes of Where Are They Now, and let me tell you, none are “much richer than they were back then. Now if you wrote that without knowing the facts, you are no better than Dan Rather.

Thirdly, it is very wrong to pigeonhole the people involved as liberals. I am a conservative, and I support their case. If you have seen the commercial for The One Campaign, you would also see Pat Robertson along side Brad Pitt and Bono in the ad. It doesn’t get more conservative that Pat Roberson. Bill Gates was at the event and nothing says corporate domination like the dude who runs Microsoft. They also brought in such “red state” acts as Tim McGraw and Keith Urban. So to call these people (including myself) liberals is just plain ignorant, not to mention the “liberals” are already one step ahead of you on recruiting “conservatives” to their cause. Instead of suggesting that the liberal recruit conservative, have you ever thought maybe about joining the liberals on this issue like me and many other conservatives already have?

Fourthly, when you wrote, “aging rock stars, hungry for one more spotlight, and an assortment of dogooders” is doing a diservice to many of the acts that showed up. Members Pink Floyd have not taked for about thrirty years let alone performed together over that time. They did not get back together for big payday/reunion tour. They didn’t even get back together for “one more spotlight” when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They got back together, as Rodger Waters said, because it was the right thing to do. Kanye West, at the risk of being sued, played the Live 8 even though he had an apperence in New Orleans on the same day.

Fifthly, saying, “more money was spend (Scooter’s note: actually I think spent is the correct tense, not that I’m a English teacher or anything, but anyways) pampering the millionaire musicians and their friends, than the total given by the 160 'artists’ participating in the L8 concerts, but they demanded charity from everyone else” is a diservice to everyone who donated their time to help make sure the consert ran properly. Also they did not demand charity from anyone as all the tickets to all the event were free.

Also you should suggest that Africa should turn to faith based charity. To take a page out of your ignorant page book: I got two words for you – James Baker. So how does it feel to be pigeonholed? I really doubt that a faith based charity will be able to raise enough money to settle the billions of dollars they are indebted with. And they defiantly cannot end the civil wars and economic turmoil that plagues the continent. The only people that can do anything substantial to help are the politicians. That is what Bob Geldolf and the people of his ilk learn from Live Aid and that is why Live 8 focused on encouraging those who can actually make a difference to do so.

In the end, Bob Geldolf and his ilk can go to sleep knowing they tried to help the continent of Africa. It may not be much, but at least it was something, which is at least better than just sitting at a computer and complaining about people who actually try to help. So what I would like to do now is to invite you and the people of your ilk to hop over to my website and click on The One banner and join myself (and like I mentioned ealier, even conservitives including Pat Robertson) to encourage the G8 to end poverty in Africa because liberals cannot do it on they own and neither can conservatives, everybody needs to help off. (Unless you don’t care that a child dies every three seconds because of poverty, then in that cause, just ignore this whole comment.)

Scooter McGavin's 9th Green

Blogger web_loafer said...

Scooter, I hope I can keep the comment section here open awhile.
The first thing that has to be established is this.
You said I am no better than Dan Rather. Dan and I write on different venues, he is supposed to present well documented facts, ahhh THE NEWS.
You should know this is a opinion blog, my opinions. My opinions are not always 100% correct, but I would never, I repeat never fabricate facts knowingly. I speak in generalities, if you want precise figures, salaries, and such, this is not the place. I am an opinionated writer, it says so right there in my profile. I will always be such, but I do listen.

Blogger Cooper said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blogger Cooper said...

The point is quite simply that the only thing that is really going to help Africa is lifting the unfair trade embargos, forgiving all debt and subsidized money. Plain and simple . It is nice to feed the children; we must at this point at least do that. It is up to the governments of the eight to do the rest.

This really has nothing to do with liberal versus conservative.

That having been said, I am liberal. I detest the fact that twelve thousand dollar gift baskets were supposedly given out in at least one of these venues.

Sorry for the delete; nothing worse than a liberal that can’t spell.

Blogger web_loafer said...

Alice, as a conservative who can't spell...I know about that.
I should always do as Scooter says he does and type up my commnets in MS Word so I can use the spelling option.
There will be stories about the concert for a few days, then everyone will conviently closet the emotions. It happened that way in '85.
I challenge all Americans of any political party to keep this in memory, and do the best for Africa.

BUT>>>>if I loan you $5, with hardly any interest at all, and you don't pay me back, haven't I already helped you? All I hear about on the news seems to be how this debt is crushing the nations of Africa. Yeah the citizens don't get help like we would want them too. The leaders of the African Nations think guns and tanks are a better investment. If in fact it is crushing the nations of Africa, I would hope we could in most cases forgive the debt, and promise never to crush them again.
But we won't, not if history is any textbook.
We will forgive the debt, then give them more. The taxpayers are not a bottomless piggy bank.
The best thing that could happen to Africa will never be done, because there is no backbone in the worlds Political System today.
We let the despots of Africa visit NYC as honored members of the UN.
There is where the money is going.
I will shut up now........lol, not

Blogger web_loafer said...

A Letter to Sanity’s Bluff
And replies to the letters in red fonts

There are a lot of holes in that post. First off, Africa was invited to the party as there was a concert held in Johannesburg. The face of Africa, Nelson Mandela was there. Also Bob Geldolf brought a woman to the stage that was given 10 minutes to live 20 years ago and thanks to money raised by Live Aid, the young woman is now in college in Ethiopia. I dare you to watch this moment and not cry like a little girl. But apparently help did get to Africa.

Crying helps greatly doesn’t it? Like the new trend in the USA Senate, of crying when you don’t get your way every time. The Oprahization of America and the world. Spare me the crocodile tears. Nelson Mandela? Part of the problem or solution? I have my views. What about the former Mrs. Mandela, was she invited to the stage. And at the concert in Johannesburg, How many were present for any reason other than hoping to get some food?

Secondly, yes Africa is worse off then they were 20 years ago, but this due to years of civil war that make it hard to import humanitarian aid. Read Black Hawk Down to see exactly how hard this can be. Also high tariffs hurt the local economy on the continent.

Here I totally agree with you with only one caveat, How is it possible for churches to get so much to the people who need it in Africa? Here is a clue….It takes a lot of planning, and the rare commodity of SWEAT.

And how exactly do you know that Bob Geldolf is “much richer” now than he was twenty years? Geldolf runs a non-profit organization and I can’t imagine that the residuals from his Boomtown Rats days to really bring in too much money these days. As for the other artist, I haven’t even heard from must of them since Live Aid except for episodes of Where Are They Now, and let me tell you, none are “much richer than they were back then. Now if you wrote that without knowing the facts, you are no better than Dan Rather.

Dan Ratherbias, is/was a reporter of the news. I am a blogger who openly states that this is an opinion blog. Who’s opinion? Let me say it again….MY OPINION. When I can keep the Comment Section open, I will. You can post till your fingers hurt, and I will read and consider your opinion.

Thirdly, it is very wrong to pigeonhole the people involved as liberals. I am a conservative, and I support their case. If you have seen the commercial for The One Campaign, you would also see Pat Robertson along side Brad Pitt and Bono in the ad. It doesn’t get more conservative that Pat Roberson. Bill Gates was at the event and nothing says corporate domination like the dude who runs Microsoft. They also brought in such “red state” acts as Tim McGraw and Keith Urban. So to call these people (including myself) liberals is just plain ignorant, not to mention the “liberals” are already one step ahead of you on recruiting “conservatives” to their cause. Instead of suggesting that the liberal recruit conservative, have you ever thought maybe about joining the liberals on this issue like me and many other conservatives already have?

Again Sanity’s Bluff is an opinion blog. Yes I should join the liberals, like President Bush joined Ted Kennedy on the Education Bill, and not 2 days after being a guest at the White House, Kennedy was spewing out more hated for President Bush. No, I think the Conservatives have tried this route.


Fourthly, when you wrote, “aging rock stars, hungry for one more spotlight, and an assortment of dogooders” is doing a diservice to many of the acts that showed up. Members Pink Floyd have not taked for about thrirty years let alone performed together over that time. They did not get back together for big payday/reunion tour. They didn’t even get back together for “one more spotlight” when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They got back together, as Rodger Waters said, because it was the right thing to do. Kanye West, at the risk of being sued, played the Live 8 even though he had an apperence in New Orleans on the same day.

My hat is off to Pink Floyd.

Fifthly, saying, “more money was spend (Scooter’s note: actually I think spent is the correct tense, not that I’m a English teacher or anything, but anyways) pampering the millionaire musicians and their friends, than the total given by the 160 'artists’ participating in the L8 concerts, but they demanded charity from everyone else” is a diservice to everyone who donated their time to help make sure the consert ran properly. Also they did not demand charity from anyone as all the tickets to all the event were free.

Look at you now Scooter, your post is full of errors that I wouldn’t dare catalogue and point out, just to prove I am educated. Read your own reply.


Also you should suggest that Africa should turn to faith based charity. To take a page out of your ignorant page book: I got two words for you – James Baker. So how does it feel to be pigeonholed? I really doubt that a faith based charity will be able to raise enough money to settle the billions of dollars they are indebted with. And they defiantly cannot end the civil wars and economic turmoil that plagues the continent. The only people that can do anything substantial to help are the politicians. That is what Bob Geldolf and the people of his ilk learn from Live Aid and that is why Live 8 focused on encouraging those who can actually make a difference to do so.

I stand by every statement in that paragraph. Oh but you are wrong here. God is the answer to all the misery in Africa. I don’t expect you to understand that. I stand by my observations, suggestions and reply simply…..Faith Based Charity will help more than anything else in Africa.


In the end, Bob Geldolf and his ilk can go to sleep knowing they tried to help the continent of Africa. It may not be much, but at least it was something, which is at least better than just sitting at a computer and complaining about people who actually try to help. So what I would like to do now is to invite you and the people of your ilk to hop over to my website and click on The One banner and join myself (and like I mentioned ealier, even conservitives including Pat Robertson) to encourage the G8 to end poverty in Africa because liberals cannot do it on they own and neither can conservatives, everybody needs to help off. (Unless you don’t care that a child dies every three seconds because of poverty, then in that cause, just ignore this whole comment.)

Forgiving debt that will never be repaid in the first place is stupid. Keep it on the books and remember when the same crooked leaders of the African nations come begging for more, simply ask. “What did you do with the last loan?” At the same time try to help the real needy. I am involved in such work, not for the spotlight, but because I want to help. If the liberals of America have learned suddenly how to forgive anything, it is invisible to me. Most of them are still seething over political loses 5 years ago. I am not the one who needs a reality transplant. The media will help you prove your point, but there again the media can’t help the hungry.


Note from Scooter: As of 1:00 EST, Sanity's Bluff has put his comments back, so you can leave your thoughts about his post over there, but please, don't be a comment terrorist, or as I like to refer to them, idiots.

Post a Comment

<< home

Find sex offenders near YOU



Advanced Meta Tag Generator