Monday, June 27, 2005
Man created trucks...God created Man


another photo by Kate I. http://peektures.diaryland.com/

What will we do with all of the people growing old. Surely we shouldn’t spend the money to keep them in top running shape. The taxpayer’s won’t stand for that very long. Some would have us leave them stranded in a field until they rust away. Then use the windshield for target practice.
Or do we raise the hood and try to get it running again? Maybe we can’t get it running like it did when it was new, but it could still be transportation. We all know gasoline will be expensive from now until then, the money we save repairing something older, compared to the cost of a young model, will buy a lot of fuel.

6 comments:

Blogger Ryan Franklin said...

Wow, nice metaphor man :) You have some great writing skills. Photos are nice too!

Blogger web_loafer said...

Thanks, I have read most of your recent blogs. Saw it first at BE.
You have the same kind of biting humor as I do. Sometimes things are just so bizarre, that I can't help but laugh.

Blogger atomicvelvetsigh said...

i agree totally with you.. and i find myself noddin s i was reading. lol

now about the BOTB its kinda slow today. so i better check my email for the results then... tssk and i have just placed you on my "BE Deities" links on my blog.

Blogger web_loafer said...

Wow, a deities list.....
Anyone who hasn't yet...you better get on over to one of atomicvelvetsigh's blogs. Just follow the link in the comments section here, but be prepared to spend some time there. They are works of art. Complex and Entertaining. I don't link much, but I am going to link to your sight when I decide on how to approach the links here at Sanity's Bluff. I am new to blogging, but love it. Especially when I see such good work done by bloggers. Kudos

Blogger Mama Mouse said...

You are amazing! Talent seems to ooze out of your pores! Not only can you write, both prose and poetry, but you are an artist with a camera! Wow ... I'll be back!

Thank you for posting on my blog.

Blogger web_loafer said...

Mama Mouse, thank you for your kind words. I must correct one part of your reply....all of the pictures I use are photos that someone else took. Some were public domain pictures of The President....others were from talented photographers that I obtained permission to use. Below most of the photos you will find a link to the artist. I am especially fond of the pictures by the young Indian Woman, the pictures of the old rusting truck and the train car with Mayhem graffitted on the side. She gave me permission to use the photos. I am bugging her for more. Some pictures say something everytime you see them. Others are just pictures. Anyway, I thank you for your kind words.

Post a Comment

<< home

Find sex offenders near YOU



Advanced Meta Tag Generator